Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese


Today was a really lazy day for me. I didn't get out of my jammies until we left for the pub tonight! It was nice to lounge around and finish up my homework for the week.


Tonight a group of us went out in search of this pub, which Jimmy and Charlie were told to go by a half-naked guy in the sauna at their gym ;) 




We did end up finding it, but it's kind of tricky. You have to walk down an alley and then down through threshold. It's here where you enter the pub which was built in the mid 1500's!!! The property was first inhabited by monks in the 14th and 15th centuries! In the 1600's it had to be rebuilt because it was burnt down in the Great London Fire.


Charlie, Me, Annie, and Zach.


Joey, Libbie (roomie), Jimmy (roomie's boyfriend), and Danny.


The alleyway entrance to get into the pub. To be walking into a place with such history was amazing, just thinking of the people that may have been there! 


The lit up street sign for "Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese" It goes 4 stories below the ground entrance! There are two bars, one on the ground/entry level, and one 2 floors down. There are little seating alcoves all over located in caverns. The stairs going down had really low clearance; I practically had to bend at the waist to clear the doors!


After a lazy day and an awesome historic night, I'm just chilling in bed eating some really great leftover pizza :) It was really cold today, but it should warm up within the next few. Tuesday I have my interview (just for formality purpose) and then I go to Barcelona, Spain next weekend with some of the girls! It will be great to have a little warmer weather and to see the Mediterranean! Our flight cost £3 each way! It ended up being about £18 roundtrip including taxes and fees! Tomorrow I think I'm going to the premiere of "Gnomeo & Juliet", a Disney film. Elton John wrote the music, and it stars the voices of Michael Caine, Emily Blunt, Dolly Parton, Jason Statham, and James McAvoy among others. It should be really cool; hopefully I can meet Elton John or something :) Love you all and miss you a ton! XXXOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment