Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Primark Adventure

I didn't have class until 5pm tonight, so after receiving my internship packet of info, Courtney, Mary, and I went on a little adventure trying to find Primark; a store that's a cross between Target and the busiest store you've ever been in! I could barely move in their on a Tuesday so I would hate to see what it's like on the weekend! My finds of the day just happened to be ones that I'd been looking for since I landed here in London. I got an oatmeal colored double-breasted cape, some cute flat shoes (which is good because I was informed today that I can't wear high heels for my internship-my feet will thank me :), a small black purse, and a black belt with no buckle. It was definitely a successful shopping day for me. After shopping, I headed back for class. We watched the British film "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning" in class and then discussed it. Next Tuesday night, we're going to see "The King's Speech" on High Street Kensington (High Street is the equivalent to Main Street in the U.S.) The movie stars Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, and Helena Bonham Carter and is about King George VI, who was forced to take the throne after his brother abdicated it for his true love. The twist is that he had a speech stammer and Geoffrey Rush plays his speech therapist Lionel Logue. It sounds great and Colin Firth has already won a Golden Globe for best actor and will almost indefinitely be nominated for an Academy Award. Tonight, I worked on our first paper about the first book we read, "The Sea, The Sea". Last night, five of us booked our spring break trip around Italy! We're landing in Rome and traveling from their to Venice and then Florence and back to Rome!!! On February 11, a few of us from CSB/SJU signed up for a Wales Adventure Weekend and will be going hiking, kayaking, and coasteering in the rolling hills of Wales!!! I can't wait for the adventure to begin, even though it seems it already has :) Tomorrow I have morning class and a few hours break then my theatre class. We are going to a play/show called "La Soiree". It seems to be, from the youtube clip, a kind of circus/burlesque/cirque du soleil act so it will definitely be captivating I'm sure. Have a great night, miss you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment