Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bumming around on Oxford Street

This morning I awoke to the sound of the church bells just down the block ringing for 15 minutes straight. As lovely as they first sounded, it got old after the first 3 minutes! The bells must have woken a baby across the street, because to add to their clamor, the baby started absolutely screaming! It wasn't the most pleasant way to wake up on a Sunday morning, but needless to say, I was up and at it from that point. I actually bummed around the flat during the morning. In the afternoon, I took the tube to Oxford Street and bummed around the shops. It was nice to get some alone time after living with 11 other people every day. I read some of the book for class (Charles Dickens' "Great Expectations") and then a group of us walked down to Gloucester Arms to watch some of the Packers vs. Bears game. There was an older English man sitting next to us with his wife and he was a Packer's fan haha:) He asked us how we felt about the whole Brett Favre situation and we all had some different opinions to offer. I skyped with my mom and dad this morning and my aunt, cousin, and grandma tonight so I'm just a happy camper :) Tomorrow morning I have class and then I'm planning on doing a test run on the tube to the company where my internship will be. I'm really excited and can't wait for it to start! Time is really flying by here. Love you all, sweet dreams:)
                      


The boys at the pub enjoying the game

3 comments: