Saturday, January 15, 2011

Notting Hill, Portobello Road Market


This morning, Karla, Heather, and I got up and took the tube to Portobello Road Market; one of the most well-known markets in the world. The street has quaint houses of every color under the sun and is a very bohemian neighborhood. There are hundreds of shops along the street and on Saturday mornings, vendors line the streets as well. 


We walked by this clothing store "All Saints". They have amazing clothing http://www.allsaints.com/ check it out! The walls were all lined with old Singer sewing machines. There were hundreds! They must have bought out a factory or something.


This old woman made my entire week! She was about 80 years old shuffling along with silver hair and rainbow dreads!!! I would say that she truly embodies the Bohemian lifestyle of Notting Hill :) 


Luckily, being the seasoned "junker" that I am, I knew that we should leave early. I'm so glad we did because on our way out of the area, herds of people were rushing to the shops. 


You can buy anything from antique spoons, to clothing, to London mementos.


Classic Portobello Road sign shot




An adorable house with a rooftop garden :) All of the houses are cute, but this one was my favorite. 

After shopping at the market, Mary and I made the trek to the grocery store, ending up buying more than we thought, and had to drag it all back :) Best workout I may have ever had! The best part of the deal was being checked out by a very attractive man in the grocery store :) Who knows, maybe he just a very similar shopping list :) We're all just hanging out at the flat now and making plans for the night. Weather is still nice, just very windy today. Love ya'll :)

1 comment:

  1. i need to go to portobello! keep living the dream al :)
    i love reading your blog!
    oh and i think im adding going to that coffee shop that you went to, to my bucket list!
    love ya!
    -neenah

    ReplyDelete