Friday, January 21, 2011

"Junking" Day


Today, a bunch of us girls went "junking". When I first asked if anyone would like to go "junking" with me, I got a lot of funny looks. I then had to explain "junking" is just my families' way of antiquing/going to vintage shops/bumming around for the day. They seemed to like that idea so this morning, we went "junking" :)


There were a lot of little shops around, but I didn't really have a lot of luck finding anything in them. For lunch, we stopped at a  pub in Notting Hill called "The Sun in Splendour". It was painted purple and had great wallpaper! (see top pic)


Rachel, Karla, and I at the pub eating lunch.


I had a really great breaded chicken breast topped with BBQ sauce, some type of ham, and cheese. It was really great!


The front of the pub. After the pub, we went back to our flat to get some warmer clothes on. It had to have only been around 30F here all day. I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining because it's colder than a gravedigger's ass at home, but it was definitely colder than usual here, and the coldest day I've experienced thus far. After that, we hopped on the tube and went to Oxford Street to check out Marks & Spencer and Primark. Primark...the only way I can explain the vast ocean of people is Walmart the day after Christmas! I may never go back if I don't have to!


On our way home, we saw this car...parked on our street :) Yeah...it's a Ferrari...no big deal or anything being that we have a Lamborghini, Maserati, and Ferrari dealerships all within about five blocks of our flat! Oh! Last night, I forgot to blog that when we were walking out of the pub, there were these three men who ran by really fast, like two were chasing one of them. All of a sudden, we all started coughing and realized that we had been maced!!! The man that was being chased must have sprayed it! The effects lasted only a few minutes, but it was really horrible! Tonight I watched a movie and played some cards with Jimmy and Libbie. It was nice to have a relaxing evening in because tomorrow, we're getting up bright and early for a coach ride to Dover Castle and Canterbury Cathedral! Dover Castle is right on the English Channel and if it's a clear day, we may get to see France! Canterbury Cathedral is a very historic place in England, because it's the Archbishop of Canterbury who crowns the British Monarchy at their coronation in the Westminster Abbey! I'm really excited for tomorrow even though it will be an early morning. I'll make sure to take lots of pics because they're always the best souvenir :) have a great night everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment