Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pizza Adventure

Today started out with my British Life and Culture/Contemporary Britain class which, after only one day I can tell will be a ton of fun :) My professor has was born in Liverpool (home of the Beatle's) and has grown up in London. He let's us ask anything; there are no stupid questions. He is actually involved with overseeing graduate dissertations at the fashion college here in London! He gets to go to a lot of runway shows and has all the inside scoop for London Fashion Week, so I'll definitely be asking him about that! Some exciting news...I've received my internship site! I'll be interning at Charas Designer Wear. They specialize in special event and formal attire for women. I'm very excited! 


After class, Libbie, Jimmy, Zach, and I took the tube down to Brixton to find this pizza place that's supposedly one of the best  in London. This is a theatre in Brixton. 


Brixton was the tube stop in the burough of Lambeth, an area just south of The River Thames. There were a lot of markets: fish, clothing, food, etc...you name it, they seemed to have it. 


We found the place! Franco Manca's; known for their delicious organic Italian pizzas. I had a margherita pizza and the others had chorizo (strong Spanish sausage)on theirs which looked quite delicious!  


My roomie Libbie and her boyfriend Jimmy and I :)


This really made me laugh :) Poundland...Everything is £1 :)...Dollar Store anyone!


I ended up taking a little nap today. After that, a few of us took the tube to Piccadilly Circus and had supper at Planet Hollywood. This is a picture of the AMAZING! burger and fries that I had.


This one's for you dad :) The Terminator in Planet Hollywood


The show that we saw at The Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly Circus. The play "The 39 Steps" was based on the Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name. There were also some references to some of his other movies. The play was really funny and had only 4 cast members to play many different people. There was never a dull moment and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I posted a link so you can take a look if you'd like. I hope all is well (besides the blizzards) back home. It's pretty nice here, just a little overcast so I won't complain:) Taking a coach about 2 hours northwest tomorrow morning to Stonehenge! I'm very excited about it. After that, we're going to the ancient Roman city of Bath which, you may have guessed it, has a giant Bath where people used to publicly bath as well as a ton of other, more modern, things to occupy everyone. Have a great night, I'm off to bed as I have to get up pretty early to catch the coach :)

1 comment:

  1. yay! Your internship!
    wow I can't believe you're going to be with a designer! this is AWESOME!
    write again about it soon - im so curious :)
    congrats!
    hope your weekend is grand!

    -neenah

    ReplyDelete