Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oxford Street: shopping for die-hards...


The world-renowned Liberty of London





It smelt inside because of the beautiful fresh flowers that you're able to purchase

This morning I had my program director's class (Ethics Seminar). After that, a few of us girls headed down to Oxford Street to see how the shopping was. As it turned out, it's where the famous Liberty of London's is so we ventured into it. I was wearing way too many layers and was burning up so I decided to come back a different day when I had to more time and less clothing :) We then went to Top Shop, H&M, Miss Selfridge's, and Oasis. All of them were quite amazing, but I was in total awe of Top Shop. There were 4 floors of clothing, and one specifically devoted to shoes!!! Each floor is the size of about a whole Target store! My brain went into sensory overload and I could not believe how many gorgeous clothes and accessories there were! I will definitely have to go back and dedicate one day to one floor-not even kidding, it's humongous!!! After that, I stopped at a coffee chain called COSTA and got a really delicious vanilla latte and an absolutely-to-die-for almond and raspberry treat! Tonight all of the group was invited to an FIE (Foundation for International Education-the program we are studying through) welcome reception. There were drinks and delicious food. After that, Karla, Rachel, and I went to Sainbury's; a Walmart/Sam's Club-like mega store that sells everything for super reasonable prices. It's only 8:56pm here now, but I am wiped out. I think that my jet lag may be finally catching up with me. "Tomorrow I have my British Life and Culture class and in the evening, the group goes to see the play "39 Steps" in Piccadilly Circus! Friday we have a daytrip excursion planned to go to Stonehenge, which I am very very excited for as I've watch countless Discovery channel documentaries about it and am dying to see it in person! (is that dorky? haha :)I think I'm going to call it an early night as I can hardly keep my eyes open while writing this. Have a great night/day :)

1 comment:

  1. TOP SHOP for the win!

    soo cool. im drooling!
    this day sounds perfect.

    :D sooo excited for you!

    -neen

    ReplyDelete