Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Invisible Man

Yesterday I had my interview for my intern position at Charas Designer Wear and it went really well! It actually only lasted about 15 minutes, because I have already secured the position, it was just more of a formality. The owner is really sweet and is really young so the work environment is very fun and carefree. She was also thrilled that I am the right size to be a fit model; so I will be trying on a lot of the dresses to see if they will fit right when produced. I start on Monday and will work through Thursday a few hours here and there to add up to 20 hours per week. I'm really excited to learn all about the business end of fashion and what it takes to get everything on track for the new spring line :) This morning I had a paper due on the novel Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. After class I came back and made a variety of things that needed to be eaten out of my fridge. I ended up making  fried zucchini/mushroom/onions,red peppers, pickles, and green olives; it was a delicious smorgasbord! After I had lunch I laid down for a bit. I've been trying to fight this awful deep bronchial cold for a few days and I think it's finally getting a bit better.


Tonight for our theatre class, we went to a show called The Invisible Man. It's based off of the novel by the same name by H.G. Wells. Beforehand, we walked around the London Bridge neighborhood and went down this little alley to find an old restaurant/pub that a railway used to pass through. 


These lights were under a bridge going to the show.


The play was in an old chocolate factory that's now used as a theatre space and restaurant. The show was really amazing because of all the tricks they had to use when the "invisible" man was walking around everywhere, trying to take over the small town in England. 


Tomorrow after class, a few other girls and I are jetsetting to Barcelona, Spain for the weekend. I won't be brining my computer because it will just be another hassle, so I won't be blogging for a few days...but, not to worry! I will definitely tell you all about everything when I get back into London and I'm sure I'll have a bazillion pictures to post :) Love ya'll and miss ya like crazy :)


2 comments:

  1. HEY AL, WERE BY YOUR HOUSE TONIGHT GREGGY MET TINA N I ,AFTER WORK, WERE DINNING ON SUMMER SAUSAGE,CHIPSN BEER ITS 0 HERE AND WERE KEEPING WARM BY THE CORN STOVE LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won't worry. It will a relief to have a break from reading your boring blog (just kidding Aleksi!). Have fun in Espana, Rob and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete