Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brighton Rock Premiere

This morning I had my interview for my internship at Charas Designer Wear. I had to take the tube to the National Rail, it took about 45/50 minutes to finally arrive there with all of the walking and transferring included, which is about the average time of a commute for Londoners. The interview went great, it was really short, about 10 minutes! She basically asked when I could work and was thrilled that I'm a fit model size so she can use me to try on a bunch of the dresses before they're produced. It's a lot more laid back than I thought it would be, which I'm kind of happy about. She said they like to have fun because of all the deadlines they have to meet, and because the fashion industry is stressful in general. They're shooting their spring fashion line in a few weeks, so she'll be teaching me how to use photo shop and that jazz! I'm pretty excited, I start Monday :)


After my interview, a few of us girls went to wait for the premiere of Brighton Rock, a remake of an older film made in the 40's, which is also a novel. The only actor I knew in it was Helen Mirren! 



The van that brought the red carpet :)


A man walking by in a kilt, who realized I was taking his pictures, and then proceeded to wink! hahahaha! what a dork!


The film looks really great and I think that the book would be really good too. 


It was sometime during this photo that I realized what day it was...and that I actually have class in London :) I had been standing outside for a few hours, only to realize that I had to go to class :( Luckily, Rachel was there, so I gave her my notebook and told her if possible to get Helen Mirren's autograph for me...AND SHE DID!!! 


Mary took this photo of Helen Mirren, but I was there in spirit :) 


Karla, Me, and Rachel before I realized I had class! 

I'm sitting in bed now writing a paper about Great Expectations, a novel by Charles Dickens. I'm almost done, but I just can't seem to get the last few sentences down. Tomorrow I have class in the morning and then we're going to see a play called The Invisible Man for my theatre class! Thursday after class I'm leaving for a weekend in Barcelona, Spain, so I'm not too sure on how the internet will be, but I will definitely try my absolute hardest to blog...because I know you all eat it up...yeah right! Sunday I plan on going to the premiere of Yogi Bear, which stars Dan Akroyd as the voice of Yogi, and Justin Timberlake as the voice of Boo Boo :) It was a little rainy here, and very damp today. Hopefully the Barcelona weather will help me beat this cold! Miss you all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment