Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dia 2 de Barcelona


On the morning of Day 2, Mary and Erin visited Batllo, another one of Gaudi's impressive houses. Christy and I found a little coffee shop with delicious bakery items :)


The morning sun beaming down on the cobblestone.


Another house with beautiful intricate floral design on the outside.





Gaudi's Batllo


All of his designs have a whimsical,Dr. Seuss-like feeling about them. I felt like a little kid in a story while touring them.


The delicious pastry that I got at the coffee shop.


After Casa Batllo, we took a bus to the Olympic Hill. On top was a massive mountain/hill with a spectacular view of the entire city.




The view from the Olympic high-dive/synchronized swimming pool on the hill. 


Home of the 1992 Olympic games, Barcelona was the last host city to have both the winter and summer games in the same year. After that, they split summer and winter games every even year, breaking a tradition that had happened since 1924. This is a picture of what is left of the Olympic symbol on the wall.


A close up of the pools overlooking the city.






We walked to the other side of the hill and started to get an awesome view of the Mediterranean.




People eating in the restaurant where we ate-right on the edge of the mountain overlooking the Sea!




Probably the most popular form of transportation in Barcelona :)




Giant shipping yard.


We took this trolley across the bay to the beach.




I ate a Spanish Omelette for lunch.



A picture of the mountain where we ate from while riding the cable car/gondola.




View from the cable car.




First glimpse of the beach!




I wish I had his life ;)




The cutest and sweetest puppy who loved to play in the sand :)






It felt soooo good to be barefoot!


A Bob Marley-like guy building "Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil" monkeys.


Hanging on the beach :)




Another sand sculpture.


I could honestly just make an entire blog about the PDA/lovers of Europe :) Everyone was super relaxed and carefree.


I call this picture, "too hot of man for his own good sits down after a run and gazes into the ocean just waiting for me to come join him" haha!




An old couple taking in the view :)


Breathtaking view!





As I said...a lot of PDA :)


A fisherman and his wife hanging out on a Saturday afternoon :)




The marina.




Our flight "home". Barcelona was absolutely amazing and the weather rocked my world! Sunny and 70F, not a cloud in the bright blue sky :) I would highly highly highly recommend Barcelona as a great vacation destination. It has everything for everyone. History, Markets, Glamour, Art, and the Beach...what else could anyone ask for :) Tomorrow I start my internship at Charas Designer Wear, wish me luck :) I hope you enjoyed Barcelona as much as I did!

3 comments:

  1. im jealous but oh so happy that your out living your life bravo!!i applaud you smooches me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip sounds amazing Alex! Good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who is "me" from the first comment? Who is giving me smooches? :)

    ReplyDelete