Saturday, March 12, 2011

Italia and Photoshoot!

It's been way too long since I've blogged. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about all you avid readers at home, I've just been extremely busy running around Italy, taking my cousin Callie around London, and modeling for a photoshoot at my internship :) I'll give you a quick recap of my past few weeks. Last Saturday I got home from 9 days in Italy. We landed at Rome, Ciampino airport late at night and hopped directly onto a night train to Venice. It was all glamorous at first with individual cabins and cozy seats; it felt very 1920's...It wasn't so great after the 6th hour though! I was definitely ready to get off when we arrived in Venice. Venice was absolutely gorgeous and definitely my favorite city that I visited while in Italy. After Venice was Florence, about a 3 hour train ride. Florence was a bit rainy, but still really beautiful and quite smaller than I expected. We visited many art galleries and had a ton of gelato! I took many browses through the leather market and ended up splurging on a leather jacket :) I was pretty good at talking the guy down and said that I'd give him cash and a smile if he gave me the price I wanted...it worked :) After Florence, it was back to Rome. Rome, although the sights were really beautiful like the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, The Pantheon, and The VAtican, the city was not what I had always expected and pictured in my head. I visited the Trevi Fountain every night that we were there and I threw coins in every time too! I made three different wishes, so hopefully that means they'll all come true :) I was ready to get back to London by the 9th day and by the time I landed, my cousin Callie was waiting back for me at my flat. It was a busy week with her here, but we really had a blast together. We spent all day Sunday shopping on Oxford Street and went to Harrod's and TopShop.  Monday through Thursday I had to work in the afternoons, so we spent the nights together, while my flatmates kindly took her around the city during the day. Thursday night we went on the London Eye, which was beautiful! I never knew how far London stretched! After that, we went to a karaoke bar by Monument Station and on Friday we took a bus trip to Bath-which involved more shopping :) It was sad to take her to the airport this morning, but it was really great to see her and get a little bit of home :) One of the highlights of this week, was that my boss asked me to be a model for a photoshoot at work! It was really great and everyone made me feel really comfortable, since it was my first time doing anything like that! Her friend Liz came to do my hair and makeup and there were people dressing me and everything, it was an amazing time! If you want to see some pics, you can go to this link 


 http://www.buycharas.com/charas-long-prom-dresses-c-126.html?page=2&sort=1a

Here's a sneak peek of some of the shots: 








Enjoy! About two more months until I see all of you smiling faces :) Until then, these will have to suffice :)

3 comments: