Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Little Taste of Venice...Florence and Rome to Come!


We arrived in Venice at 5:30 in the morning, just in time to see the sun come up over the ocean :)


These are garbage boats that come around to the back canal entrances of shops to collect trash.




View of the Main Canal from Rialto Bridge.








Our Gondolier :)


Enjoying my chilly, yet relaxing gondola ride :)







All of the gang on our gondola ride.


We took a vaporetti-basically a water taxi-to the island of Burano, which is famous for its glass blowing and got to see a few demonstrations. This man made a horse in about 3 minutes!


It was carnival in Venice, so everyone was walking around with masks on and I decided that I didn't want to be left out! I walked around with it all day. This is in front of the canal at Burano. 


Some costumes at carnival!


Some people went all out!


Lady Gaga, take note!


Some canival PDA for ya'll :)


Jamming out to some tunes at carnival! The energy was amazing! Men in tuxedos and women in beautiful gowns, all wearing elaborate masks and going to balls! 


This is Ampelio, my new Venetian friend who works at the bed and breakfast where we stayed :) He was lovely and made me free cappuccinos in the mornings- best I've ever had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment