Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Perfect Day in London :)



This Thursday was the last day of my internship at Charas Designer Wear. It was bittersweet leaving, and I'll miss everyone, but I will definitely go back to visit them before I leave London. Thursday evening, a bunch of us went to a floating pub on The River Thames! It's opened all day long and also holds private parties in the hull for work parties and events. It was really great; it's docked almost directly in front of the London Eye and gives a spectacular view of Parliament and the rest of the way down the river. 




Maggie and Me


The Boys: Charlie, Jimmy, Cory, Jamieson, Zach, Adam, and Jeff.




Parliament on the right.


An old paddle riverboat and the river police!




On Friday I started out my perfect day in London by going to Old Spitalfield's and Petticoat Lane Markets with Karla in East London. I got theeeee most adorable dress from Petticoat Lane; navy blue high boat neck, v-back, with the perfect twirling skirt :)


Leadenhall Market-an old market square with a lot of restaurants and market stalls.




Old Church in the City of London. The City of London is actually one square mile of the original city of London and the rest of "London" is called Westminster.


cows :)


Heather, Karla, Annie, and I all got ready to go to Les Miserables that evening; a show that's been running in London for 25 years! Needless to say, there was only one student rush seat left (no worries, I'll see it some other time here). It turned out great though because I wanted to see the show Umbrellas of Cherbourg; a production by the Kneehigh Company out of Cornwall, England. I had previously seen their production of Brief Encounter at the Guthrie twice this past summer and absolutely fell in love with it so I knew I had to see this one!


While I was waiting outside of the theatre for my show to start, I saw this lady walking around with her cheeks hanging out and was really confused until I realized that she was handing out flyers for a "gentleman's club" next door :) haha...makes sense now!


The theatre where Umbrellas of Cherbourg is showing. 




It was absolutely fantastic; the songs, the costumes, the storyline, scenes, everything! I didn't think it would be anything less considering their previous show was a smash hit. 

Check out the link above to see for youself!

And this one to see Liza Minneli give the cast a vist and hear one of my favorite & the catchiest tune of the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment