Monday, April 4, 2011

Paris Je T'aime!


Libbie, Jimmy, and I arrived in Paris at 7:30 in the morning. Luckily we got to check into our hotel right away because we had been driving on a bus all night and hadn't had that much sleep. 


After we woke up from our little cat nap, we proceeded to wander around the city for the day.


The River Seine. 


A lot of homeless people in Paris have dogs and dogs with puppies. They must think it's a better strategy for getting money...I say it works pretty well!


Notre Dame!


Libbie and Me :)


Inside Notre Dame.






Some of the beautiful stained glass in the cathedral. 


Paris was absolutely beautiful! It was 75F and sunny the whole day and all of the flowers and trees were in bloom! It's definitely my favorite city thus far!












Paris Je T'aime! (I love you Paris!)




An accordion player on the street. He definitely completed the atmosphere!


The river Seine.


One of many bands playing on the bridges.




Just chilling on the bridge!




One of the street entrances to the Louvre!





Me in front of the Louvre; you enter to the museum through the glass pyramid!


Under the pyramid.


The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci! I never thought I'd see her in a million years!


Me hanging out with Mona!


A man painting a painting of a painting haha!




The main courtyard of the Louvre!






For lunch I had an Oceane Salad-crab,smoked salad...it was to die for!




Apparently they also love Marilyn in Paris :)


Cute shops on the way up the hill to see Sacre Coeur-the huge cathedral on the hill overlooking Paris!






A little Parisian man :)


Sacre Coeur!




Paris!


A hip-hop group performing in front of Sacre Coeur!


He was from South Africa and absolutely an unbelievably insane dancer!


Super man say-oh!


After taking the metro back to the hotel, we went back to the city center and hung out around the Eiffel Tower for the rest of our night.


It was soooo much bigger than I thought!










Enjoying a little wine in Paris :)


We took the elevator to the top-all 896ft!




It was absolutely beautiful at night!


At dark, every hour on the hour, it sparkles and blinks for five minutes straight! It's about enough to make a person have a seizure, but it's so worth blinding yourself to look at!


A view down from the top! All of those black dots are people!


Getting ready to take the chunnel under the English Channel on the way home. 


Pulling out of the chunnel, they pull the front car off and we drive right onto the road! It only took about a half hour. 


The taupe colored cars are what the coach drove into.


Some sheep just to remind me that I was back in England :) 
Paris was spectacular and hopefully I'll get to go back sometime in my life. I saw pretty much everything that I wanted to, but it would be great to spend some more time just getting lost in the city :)It's only a month tomorrow until I come home! I can't believe how quickly time flew over here! Love ya'll and can't wait to see you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment